Brighton Photo Fringe (BPF) is a vibrant organisation that supports and develops photographers, lens-based artists and a wide public audience. Every two years BPF designs and delivers a city-wide festival of exhibitions and events that attracts local, national and international participants, partners and audiences. It is fundamental to BPF that our activities are inclusive and accessible to all.
BPF14 will run from 4 October - 2 November 2014 and we're recruiting volunteers to join now to help in the planning and run up to the festival.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO:
• Are interested in Brighton Photo Fringe, our work and ethos
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Are enthusiastic, quick to learn, and reliable
• Invigilate BPF14 managed spaces on a rotational basis
• Carry out surveys and observation of visitor numbers and demographics
• You will be friendly and welcoming to visitors, acting as a strong advocate for BPF
BPF14 Events Volunteers (working with Project Managers)
• Assist in planning and delivery of programmed events
• Ensure venues and equipment are researched and booked
• Help with set up and take down of events
• Specific events include: BPF Meet Ups, BPF14 launch party, book fair, workshops, and joint events with partners such as Miniclick
BPF14 Tours (working with Trainee Curators)
• Assist in plan of four walks based on the BPF14 programme
• Liaise with exhibitors to make sure venues are open and expecting the tour visits
• Accompany the trainee Curators on the walk
We are looking for people to start now, with a commitment of at least two half days a week during the festival.
Your time, skills and enthusiasm are incredibly valuable to BPF and we want to ensure that you have an equally valuable and enjoyable experience with us. This project offers you the opportunity to:
• Meet new and like-minded people and create new networks
• Develop and learn new transferable skills in event organisation
• Meet artists and curators and hear about their work
• Gain firsthand experience of the day to day running of arts festivals and events
• Play a key part in an exciting and high quality visual arts event
You will receive:
• An introduction to the BPF including an overview of the festival, key contacts, venue, information and maps
• A rota with your allocated shifts included
• References and support with your future endeavours
• A thank you end-of-festival get together
We'll run a networking and training session for all volunteers to meet each other, BPF staff members and Board at the beginning of the festival. This session must be attended, as it will set the foundation for the festival, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and gain more insight and information before starting your volunteering.
Send the application to email@example.com
Volunteer application form 2014