APPLY TO OPEN16
(image 'Board' by Peter Watkins, OPEN14 winner)
BRIGHTON PHOTO FRINGE SOLO EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY
DEADLINE: 7 JULY 2016
Apply to exhibit as part of the forthcoming Brighton Photo Fringe festival and show your work at a key exhibition venue during the internationally acclaimed Brighton Photo Biennial. This October Brighton Photo Fringe will deliver a festival programme which will activate disused spaces and open air sites across the city, platforming a vast and eclectic selection of new photography. By entering you could exhibit at Phoenix Brighton, one of the major galleries in Brighton, England, as part of a shortlist of 20 or as the Brighton Photo Fringe solo artist for 2016. We look forward to receiving your entry.
BPF OPEN16 is an open submission solo exhibition opportunity for an early-career photographer offering the following opportunities:
- 100 longlisted artists will be listed on our website and projected at our Launch Party on 1 October 2016.
- 20 shortlisted artists will have a selected image projected at Phoenix Brighton.
- One artist will be offered a solo exhibition at Phoenix Brighton, with an artist's fee of £500 and print costs covered by Metro Imaging Ltd
A panel of specialists will select a shortlist and solo exhibition artist. This year's panel is:
Harry Hardie, Senior Lecturer MA Documentary Photography & Photojournalism, University of Westminster/ Lecturer in Photography at London College of Communication / Founder of Here Press
Steve Macleod, Director, Metro Imaging Ltd
Christiane Monarchi, Editor, Photomonitor
Sarah Pickering, Artist, Teaching Fellow in Photography at Slade School of Fine Art, University College London, and BPF OPEN08 winner
HOW TO ENTER
(Follow this link to submit your images, to do so you will be asked to set up a LensCulture profile first)
We are working in partnership with LensCulture to invite submissions. Follow the link above which will take you to the LensCulture site. You will then be asked to submit:
- up to 8 images of your work 72 dpi, each image no larger than 3MB
- Details of submitted works, including year of production, dimensions and any specific printing, framing or equipment requirements.
- A statement of up to 400 words about your work and your website link.
- A description of up to 400 words about how your work will be presented at Phoenix Brighton.
- A link to your artist's CV (optional).
A plan of Phoenix Brighton is available here, at the bottom of the page (see 'main space') www.phoenixbrighton.org/space-hire/meeting-rehearsal-production-space
The submission fee is 20€ (£16/$22.50)
Deadline: 11.59pm 7 July 2016
- You must be an early-career photographic artist
- You must apply with an existing body of work which has not been previously exhibited in the UK, this can be graduate work if has not been shown outside a University or art college
- The work can be photography of any kind, in all its expanded forms
OPEN16 will be the keynote exhibition of this year's Photo Fringe festival that runs in parallel to the internationally acclaimed Brighton Photo Biennial. In 2014 both festivals attracted over 100,000 visitors and received significant press coverage.
Now in its sixth year, the OPEN has consistently presented some of the most exciting photography of our time. We receive submissions from all over the world.
In 2014 the solo exhibition was awarded to Peter Watkins, a British artist who had just graduated from the Royal College of Art. He went on to have solo exhibitions at The Ravestijn Gallery, Amsterdam and Format Festival, Derby; and a group exhibition Pieces of You, Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool, 2016. Peter was recently shortlisted for the Paul Huff Award 2015 and 2016 and the BJP International Photography Award 2015. Previous BPF OPEN winners include Jinkyun Ahn, Sarah Pickering and Stuart Griffiths.
We are very pleased to be partnering up with LensCulture for our submissions process.
Deadline: 11.59pm 7 July 2016
Applicants will be notified if they have been successful by 12 July.
For further information please contact email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your submission!